Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
HQ – Trafford Park, Manchester
With a unique 50-year heritage of innovative recruitment Morson are a diverse group with an outstanding reputation for delivering consultancy, design, technology, training and people solutions around the world. With revenues of almost £1bn, and offices across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world’s biggest brands.
Even as a business of true scale, we keep it personal and consistently go the extra mile. As a family, we celebrate the good times together and we look after each other. We are technical innovators with people at our heart. We are ambitious for you and we care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality & ISO Manager here at our HQ in Manchester. This role is aimed to promote positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organisation. To implement, manage and develop all Management Systems with the aim of achieving continual improvement throughout the organisation. It is a great opportunity for someone who has some strong all-round H&S experience who is interested in expanding on this within this varied and challenging role.
Typical duties include -
- Help develop and manage effective policies and procedures
- Bid support
- Conducting and recording regular risk assessments, inspections and branch audits
- Training employees / operatives on safety, health and environmental issues
- Liaising with managers and making recommendations on safety standards and processes
- Conduct safety conversations with operatives on key H&S messages and risks
- Attend HSE + HSE / Operations Meetings, provide H&S information and applicable guidance
- Conduct Internal Audits where trained to do so
- Represent the organisation at external events and training sessions and ensure that any learning is shared with the team
- Attend IOSH events, read IOSH Magazine and internal publications
Experience and skills required:
- A level 3 health and safety qualification such as the NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Technical status membership of IOSH and working towards Graduate
- Lead auditor qualification ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001
- Internal auditor qualification ISO 27001 PCQI
- Minimum A level or equivalent in Maths and English
- Proven Health & Safety Experience
- Proven Implementation of Management Systems
- Implementation of ISO standards across various business sectors
- Writing procedures and key documentation Recruitment experience
Come from any background, industry or sector, if you have the right attitude, some great experience and a desire to be part of our award-winning team, we’d love to hear from you.
Commitment and hard work are rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free onsite parking, an employee health and wellbeing programme, and other great benefits. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after the mind, body and soul of each of our colleagues.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.