Hours: 37.5 hours
With a unique 50-year heritage of innovative recruitment Morson are a diverse group with an outstanding reputation for delivering consultancy, design, technology, training, and people solutions around the world. With revenues of almost £1bn, and offices across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world's biggest brands.
Even as a business of true scale, we keep it personal and consistently go the extra mile. As a family, we celebrate the good times together and we look after each other. We are technical innovators with people at our heart. We are ambitious for you, and we care.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, hard-working Reconciliation Accountant to join our Finance team based at our modern, purpose-built offices in Trafford Park (close to Media City and the Trafford Centre). This person will be responsible for posting contractor payroll and reconciling related balance sheet accounts; reconciling HMRC RTI reporting to the nominal ledger; and supporting the finance team. Responsibilities include:
- Weekly balancing and posting of payroll journals
- Reconciling payroll creditors accounts
- Ensuring the payroll team reconcile overpayments information on a weekly basis to ensure errors/ missed entries are identified and resolved on a timely basis
- Monthly preparation of HMRC RTI payments, ensuring these are passed for approval on a timely basis so that any queries can be raised/ resolved and the payment deadline still achieved
- Monthly reconciliation of pension creditor and investigation of any variances
- Monthly reconciliation of apprentice Levy
- Creation of holiday pay accrual report
- Assisting with preparation of branch accounts file & and allocation of costs to clients
- Reconciliation of credit cards and purchasing cards
- Liaising with auditors
- AAT or by experience in the role
- Good time management and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work accurately and quickly following established processes and procedures, remaining calm under pressure and have a pro-active attitude
- Excellent Excel skills essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team to identify and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment and workload
- Be self-motivated
- To identify gaps in training and partake in training opportunities offered
What do you get?
- Commitment and hard work are rewarded with a competitive salary
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- An employee health and wellbeing programme
- Opportunities to undertake further educational learning & gain qualifications
- Rooftop bar
- Free parking
- Free onsite gym
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Gym membership discounts
Apply now to find out more information!
Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after the mind, body and soul of each of our colleagues. You can read more about what it’s like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.