Vital resources have been employed by a reputable and growing contractor within the rail sector, to assist them in their search for a new Construction Manager to further strengthen their current team.
The job holder will provide day-to-day duties as an OLE Construction Manager and supervision of construction staff and operatives engaged on projects throughout the Central Belt of Scotland. As the Construction Manager, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Site management of all aspects of OLE projects to ensure they are delivered safely, to programme, to the required standards and within budget
- Co-ordinate with supervisor to ensure that daily works reports are fully completed for each shift and are submitted to Head Office
- Coordinate with supervisor to ensure that daily time sheets are fully completed for each shift and are submitted to head office
- Close and frequent communication with OLE engineers and supervisors to relay information
- Meet and communicate with client's representatives (Construction Managers, Site Managers, Engineers etc.) to ensure their projects are delivered to their satisfaction
- Ensure that site teams have the required level of protection staff i.e. COSS, machine controller, look out etc.
- Ensure that all tools / plant and equipment required are available and where applicable are tested with certificates
- Organise / arrange transport with site supervision for operatives, materials and tools
- E ensure that you give a briefing to all your staff regarding the work to be carried out including the content of risk assessments, work package plans and task briefing sheets. These briefings may be delegated to other supervisors under your control as you may not always be present on a particular site however you are to ensure they carry out the briefings and that you provide them with the briefing material.
- Ensure that you and your staff receive a briefing from your COSS regarding the railway safety protection in place i.e. possession details, isolation details etc.
- Carry out regular site inspections to monitor progress and check quality of installation
- Carry out site surveys of completed installations to measure / record as built information.
The successful applicant for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in supervising OLE projects and operatives on the projects.
- Valid PTS
- OLEIC qualifications
- Computer literacy
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and support as required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel to different locations as and when required.
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package
If you would like more information, or to apply, please feel free to contact Jamie Nicholson using the details provided. Or alternatively please click the "apply now" link.