Vital resources are currently working with an established and reputable Groundwork and Civil contractor in the Central Belt of Scotland to assist them in their search for an experience P-Way manager. This is an excellent opportunity to suit someone who wants to work for an established and growing company, as well as work for a contractor that offers autonomy along with career progression.
As P Way Manager you will be directly responsible for the daily management of the slab track framework in Scotland. You will be responsible for overseeing all operational track interface on our Slab-track Portfolio and supporting other various works where track needs to be lifted and reinstated. Day to day responsibilities in the role of P Way Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Fulfilling the P Way Manager responsibilities as laid down in the Company's Health and Safety Policy
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the company Business Management System
- Any assigned BIM Responsibilities
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded
- The promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team any changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager
- Ensuring that all relevant issues, which cannot be resolved at contract level, are passed to the Contracts Manager to be resolved
- The identification of business development opportunities and ensuring that any such opportunities are communicated and proactively progressed in conjunction with the Pre Contracts Director.
The successful applicant for this role will be able to demonstrate the following experience and competencies:
- Degree qualified in Track / P Way Engineering (minimum HNC or HND)
- Experience in a similar role working on P Way projects/frameworks
- P Way experience essential
If you would like more information or to apply for this role please feel free to contact Jamie Nicholson using the details provided or alternatively please click the "apply now" link.