Vital Human Resources, part of Morson Group, are recruiting for an experienced and professional Rail Recruitment Consultant (Safety Critical) to join their busy and fast-paced Doncaster branch.
Vital Rail is a major support services provider, completing enhancement, renewal and maintenance projects for the rail, light rail and construction sectors.
Reports to: Operations Manager
As Rail Recruitment Consultant (Safety Critical), you will be responsible for fulfilling client requests with skilled contractors within specified timescales. You will be responsible for the administration and co-ordination of our workforce, as well as attracting and resourcing new talent.
Our ideal candidate will be an extremely organised individual, with the ability to communicate confidently. You will enjoy a fast-paced working environment and be a self-starter and keen to learn all aspects of the role. You will be working with an established and successful team, be given full training and the opportunity to progress.
To assist the Operations Manager in ensuring we provide a competent and compliant workforce to the rail infrastructure through receipt of client orders, managing operative competencies and allocation of competent personnel.
- Source the most suitable safety critical candidates and build a database of staff to fulfil the client requirements through Primary & Subsponsors
- Utilising job boards and social media to attract candidates
- Build relationships with different clients
- Focus on the delivery of COSS, Points Operator, Level Crossing Attendant, Machine/Crane Controller, Competent Person, Protection Controller, Engineering Supervisor & Hand Back Engineers.
- Compile and provide correct paperwork prior to works taking place to ensure compliance with 019 standard.
- Deploy operatives in line with client requirements
- Upload applications to resourcing software - Peoplesoft
- Enter personnel and shift details onto the Peoplesoft planner on a weekly basis
- Download training report and organise training requests for sponsored personnel
- Manage competence assessments for each sponsored personnel
- Organise random D&A screenings
- Assist with the manpower allocation for midweek and weekend works
- Hire and off hire vehicles and fuel cards for workforce
- PPE stock management, issue and ordering
- Period End Application and resolving Client Account queries
Skills & Experience:
- Desirable to have minimum of COSS competency to understand the 019 process.
- Vital shall consider someone from track background who is computer literate and can demonstrate good communication & organisational skills.
Vital offers a competitive remuneration salary with numerous employee benefits.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, then contact
Mike.Clegg @ vital. uk. com