Vital Human Resources, part of Morson Group, are recruiting for an experienced and professional Resource Coordinator to join their busy and fast-paced Birmingham branch.
Candidates must have prior experience in a similar role in the Rail and Civils industry.
Vital Rail is a major support services provider, completing enhancement, renewal and maintenance projects for the rail, light rail and construction sectors.
Reports to: Resource Manager
As Resource Coordinator, you will be responsible for fulfilling client requests with skilled contractors within specified timescales. You will be responsible for the administration and coordination of our workforce, as well as attracting and resourcing new talent.
Our ideal candidate will be an extremely organised individual, with the ability to communicate confidently. You will enjoy a fast-paced working environment and be a self-starter and keen to learn all aspects of the role. You will be working with an extremely established and successful team, be given full training and the opportunity to progress.
To assist the Resource Manager in ensuring we provide a competent and compliant work force to the rail infrastructure through receipt of client orders, managing operative competencies and allocation of competent personnel. To oversee the administration of the office to ensure accuracy and to deputise where necessary.
- Deploy operatives in line with client requirements
- Upload applications to resourcing software - Peoplesoft
- Enter personnel and shift details onto the Peoplesoft planner on a weekly basis
- Download training report and organise training requests for sponsored personnel.
- Manage competence assessments for each sponsored personnel.
- Organise random D&A screening tests
- Assist with the manpower allocation for midweek and weekend works
- Hire and off hire vehicles and diesel cards for workforce
- PPE stock management, issue and ordering
- Period End Application Client Account queries
- Attain outstanding client purchase orders.
- Chase and liaise with client to amend client purchase orders
- Build relationships with existing clients
- Assist administrator with payroll queries on a weekly basis
- Ensure operatives submit timesheets weekly for payment
- Handle incoming calls and queries
Support the company in achieving its aims and objectives as set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
Carry out any other duties as and when requested by the company from time to time.
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate and provide evidence of experience in a similar role within rail/ construction related industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint etc)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
- Experience of producing work for a team of people juggling competing priorities
- Flexible/proactive - can do attitude who shows initiative to support others
- Vital offers a very competitive salary and attractive package with numerous employee benefits.
If you would like to apply for this role, pleae email your CV to jobs @ VITAL. UK . COM